We can’t wait to see you at our Feb. 4 meeting where Inge De Bleecker will talk about her process of crowdsourced remote unmoderated usability testing in longer sessions (1 hour). Inge is a user experience architect and principal at outriderUX (www.outriderux.com). She leads a team of UX experts, provides training and continues to work on projects.
In this session, Inge will explain the advantages and disadvantages of this method, how it differs from other usability testing methods, and how to adapt your recruitment effort, and your task plan and question creation, to successfully use this method.
11525A Stonehollow Dr Ste 100, Austin, Texas 78758
6:30-7 p.m.: chit-chat
7-8 p.m.: presentation and Q&A
Senior UX / UI Designer
X1 Labs, Inc. (x1labs.com), the technical arm of sister company Title365 Company (title365.com), is looking for a passionate Senior User Experience / User Interface Designer at our Austin, TX location.
The candidate will help drive the user experience of X1 Labs and its product offerings. The Senior UX / UI Designer will work with various organizational teams to design new applications, new features and proactively find ways to improve our existing applications. As a UX / UI Designer on a small team, you will take complete ownership of the products you work on. The work you do will be interacted with by thousands of people and improve the way business is done.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Work closely with the stakeholders to create new features from the ground up
- Interaction design and information architecture
- Prototype rich interactions with multiple states and roles
- Design information architectures and workflows
- Copywriting and content creation in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Conduct user testing and report the outcomes
- Pitch and present designs to stakeholders for sign-off
- Create and implement style guides and standards
- Design consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices
- Help lead company design initiatives
What you need:
- 5+ years designing user interfaces for Web, desktop and mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Fine Arts or related area
- Knowledge of common design patterns and best practices for application design
- Strong foundation in visual design principles (typography, layout, color, etc.)
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and current technology capabilities
- Ability to design interfaces that will adapt to localization
- Experience with mobile applications
- Thorough understanding of grid-based layouts and UI frameworks
- Strong communications skills and ability to sell your work
A plus to have, but not required:
- Branding and identity creation
If you have a passion for clean, innovative user experience design we’re interested in speaking with you. X1 Labs is a dynamic and exciting place to work. Each member of our team is highly valued; we believe in them and in return, their dedication and hard work drives our success. Personal and professional achievements are not only encouraged but also invested upon, cultivating a positive mutual respect throughout the company.
Please submit your interest along with resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Download the official announcement here:
X1L Senior UX – UI Designer Job Description 010614
EDIT: Please note the venue change for the informal meet up on Dec 26th
A quick announcement before we jump into the happy hour details. We’re not done with December just yet, and we have a great opportunity!
Meetup – Dec 26th
We are hosting an informal meetup with Cory Lebson, 2014 President at UXPA International and Principal User Experience Consultant at Lebsontech, LLC. Take a break from all the holiday craziness, maybe talk a little shop, and learn about the global UXPA community. We hope you can join us!
When: Thursday Dec 26th at 6pm
709 E 6th St, Austin, TX
1308 E 6th St
Austin, TX 78702
Here’s the Facebook Event as well.
Happy Hour – Jan 7th
After we all make our way back to the daily grind after the holidays and new year, it’s time for a happy hour! We will also hold elections for the 2014 Austin UXPA Board. If you are interested in becoming a board member, please email Candice by Jan 2nd: candice_mcfarland [at] yahoo [dot] com.
When: Tuesday, January 7th at 6:30pm
710-B West 6th Street, Austin, Texas 78701
RSVP on Facebook or email Candice: candice_mcfarland [at] yahoo [dot] com
We will hold elections on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at our regular meeting to elect Austin UXPA board members for the 2014 calendar year. This is a volunteer (non-paid) position with the following benefits and responsibilities. We encourage you to reach out to the current board members with any questions.
Deadline to express interest by email: Jan. 2
Positions include: President, Vice President, Secretary and Social Media Chair
- Steer Austin chapter of the national User Experience Professionals Association
- Have access to the national organization’s resources
- Be part of a great community with wonderful members
- Help organize monthly meetings along with three other board members (no one person does all of these every month)
- Determine locations
- Reserve chosen location
- Suggest/find/elicit speakers
- Bring supplies (pens, name tags, sign-in sheets, etc.)
- Be able to attend the majority of meetings throughout the year (usually the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Add new members to the Google Groups mailing list
- Post events on Facebook, our website and Twitter, as well as send out announcements to the Google Group
- Social Media
- Tweet and retweet from the Austin UXPA handle on issues and subjects relevant to our members.
We encourage everyone running to attend the election on Tuesday, Jan. 7, during our regular meeting, but it is not a requirement.
It is not necessary to be a member of the national organization in order to be a board member of the Austin chapter. However, if you are interested, here’s more information on national UXPA membership.
Please email Candice if you’re interested in being an Austin UXPA board member: candice_mcfarland [at] yahoo [dot] com