Accurent is looking to hire their first ever Director of User Experience. For questions or more information, contact:
Kelley Barnes, GPHR
Manager, Human Resources
Accruent Director of UX JD 100114
Director of User Experience
The Director of User Experience will be responsible for defining our UX vision, design strategy, and processes. The company will trust this person provide strategic direction across Accruent’s software product lines, build strong partnerships with stakeholders from product management, engineering and other departments, and continue to develop and grow the UX team. Play a leading role in transforming our product management, design and delivery into a Lean, rapidly iterative, customer-centric machine.
We know that having the best design will help separate us from the competition, and we are seeking a leader who has a passion for making complex interactions simple, effective, and enjoyable. This position reports to the Vice President of Product Management and is part of the Products senior leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the overall UX strategy & vision for our software suites.
- Create and direct user research to define users and UX success criteria, and user testing to validate achievement of those criteria.
- Develop and maintain a multi-year UX roadmap to guide designers, developers and product management in planning for and implementing the vision. Create and effectively present to Products and Executive leadership.
- Manage a team of UX professionals and inspire them via coaching and development. This requires setting clear goals, managing the project load and allocating people accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, and setting up team members for overall success.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering and QA to ensure that teams produce highly usable/valuable/feasible products aligned with user needs and perceptions.
- Promote the value of our UX team as problem framers and strategic thinkers.
- Passionately advocate for the end user to ensure that product design and content strategy are aligned to user needs and expectations.
- Assist in the resource planning and budgeting for the team and products.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction or related field. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience successfully applying design approaches to software product development, preferably in Agile SaaS environments.
- 5+ years managing a team, preferably in a fast paced, high-technology environment.
- Expertise in both interaction design and user research and testing.
- Deep understanding of UX best practices for web-based and mobile applications.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to bridge silos and work effectively across disciplines, locations, and levels
- Ability to craft and communicate compelling vision and story to multiple audiences and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization and process skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under time constraints.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Knowledge of Lean UX principles.
- Experience with UI/UX localization strategies to serve worldwide markets.
- Experience with Google Analytics and other usability and analytical software tools.
- Experience with Design for Disability / WCAG / Section 508 requirements.
CLASS: An Ideation Technique for Lean UX in the Enterprise
As UX professionals, we commonly turn to ideation sessions to explore design problems and look for innovative solutions. Over the course of 100’s of projects and scores of companies, Nick Iozzo refined a technique which has allowed him to move this tool out of the realm of UX and into the realm of product management and software development processes. After encouragement by several technology executives, he is writing a book to teach this methodology.
At the talk, Nick will focus on the tricks he has learned in conducting an ideation session with executive stakeholders so you can leave the ideation session with the information you need and the executive buy-in required for your project to be successful.
Over the course of the past 20 years, Nick Iozzo has founded and led the user experience practice for three different consulting firms. He started his career designing some of the first e-commerce sites in the mid 90’s, to complex supply chain and business process application in the 2000’s, to becoming a product management executive for technology companies in the 2010’s. Currently, he is an Advisor with a private equity firm where he helps their portfolio companies in matters dealing with both Product Management and User Experience initiatives and processes.
Chit chat & pizza: 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Talk: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
We are grateful to Rackspace, in particular Jacki Bauer and Dave Malouf, for their generous sponsorship of Austin User Experience Professionals Association meetups. And Rackspace is hiring!
This is your opportunity to help conduct awesome user experience research for a great consulting company. Together we can make brilliant experiences!
A user experience researcher who has a passion for applying user research and usability studies to create brilliant, intuitive, and usable products on various software platforms. You most likely have an MA/MS in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Social Science or 2+ years experience in applied user research. Also, you have broad command of user-centered design and research methods as well as the understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts. Your responsibilities will include
• Running stakeholder interviews and user profile workshops
• Creating user personas, journeys, and user stories backlogs
• Conducting site audits and competitive analysis
• Moderating usability tests and reporting outcomes with recommendations
• Tracking project schedules and milestones
• Attending meetings at clients’ offices
We make the mobile apps and websites that you use easier, more fun and a lot more intuitive. Since 2007, we’ve had offices in East Austin (long before it was hip) and Gurgaon, India (since it was a tiny hamlet of only a 1.5 million people). Our team of 17 includes user researchers, UX designers, visual designers, project managers and, of course, the bosses. We have a great culture where you will be expected to:
• Communicate directly
• Take ownership of your work and experience
• Encourage new ideas and try different things
• Ask why and embrace change
• Follow a tried-and-true process
• Foster your own professional growth
• Support the rest of the team
• Laugh and drink beer (or your beverage of choice) together
Send your resumes and work samples to :
Young Ryu, Ph.D.
Director of UX
Design For Use LLC (www.designforuse.net)
young [at] designforuse [dot] net
Join us for a fun night of UX camaraderie. Let’s talk about what we’re working on, what’s going on in our careers and how we can help each other. Are you looking for a job? Do you know of a job opening? Let’s help each other out. Bring your business cards.
RSVP on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Austin-User-Experience-Professionals-Association/events/207709712/
Draught House Pub and Brewery
4112 Medical Parkway, Austin, TX 78756
6:30pm to 8pm
Craig Tomlin leads a hands-on usability testing training session at Mutual Mobile
Craig Tomlin will be leading us in a Hands-on Usability Testing training session. In this session, you will learn and then conduct an actual usability testing session. You’ll practice being a Moderator, Participant and Note Taker, and come away with real world training you can apply and use immediately. This session was very well received and rated as one of the best sessions given when it was conducted at a prior UXPA meeting. Come prepared with your website or application, as we will be doing the tests on your actual sites.
Craig Tomlin is an award-winning digital marketing and UX consultant with over 20 years experience in B2B and B2C demand gen and UX. He is listed on Mashable.com as one of the Top 10 Must-Follow Usability Experts on Twitter. He leads marketing, UX and conversion optimization strategies and tactics for firms like: Blue Cross of California, BMC Software, Disney, IBM, Kodak, Prudential, WellPoint and more. He has over 4,000 Twitter followers and is a frequent speaker at events.
206 E. 9th St. 15th Floor, Austin
6:30 PM: chit-chat
7:00 – 8:00 PM: training session