We will hold elections on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at our regular meeting to elect Austin UXPA board members for the 2014 calendar year. This is a volunteer (non-paid) position with the following benefits and responsibilities. We encourage you to reach out to the current board members with any questions.
Deadline to express interest by email: Jan. 2
Positions include: President, Vice President, Secretary and Social Media Chair
- Steer Austin chapter of the national User Experience Professionals Association
- Have access to the national organization’s resources
- Be part of a great community with wonderful members
- Help organize monthly meetings along with three other board members (no one person does all of these every month)
- Determine locations
- Reserve chosen location
- Suggest/find/elicit speakers
- Bring supplies (pens, name tags, sign-in sheets, etc.)
- Be able to attend the majority of meetings throughout the year (usually the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Add new members to the Google Groups mailing list
- Post events on Facebook, our website and Twitter, as well as send out announcements to the Google Group
- Social Media
- Tweet and retweet from the Austin UXPA handle on issues and subjects relevant to our members.
We encourage everyone running to attend the election on Tuesday, Jan. 7, during our regular meeting, but it is not a requirement.
It is not necessary to be a member of the national organization in order to be a board member of the Austin chapter. However, if you are interested, here’s more information on national UXPA membership.
Please email Candice if you’re interested in being an Austin UXPA board member: candice_mcfarland [at] yahoo [dot] com